Reader of the Week…Molly Grovak!!!
Congrats to Molly Grovak! Molly is our featured reader and lovely client at Body By Simone. She’s a lawyer in NYC but from the midwest and is obsessed with taking BBS from Blondie and Brownie:-). We love having you in class! She is a recent transplant to the West Village so she’s looking forward to using Just Desserts NYC to find all the best spots for the occasional dessert treat! Molly has such a positive energy that radiates when you’re around her AND she loves sparkly things! She also attended our Opening Night of Bullets Over Broadway!!! We are so thankful for your support Molly! Read on for her answers to our questions. If you would like to be the reader of the week email us your answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo of yourself.
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
Birthday cake macarons from Bouchon! I love a good macaron — they are delicate, delicious and a perfect size serving for a sweet treat. Bouchon has a particularly fabulous flavor (seasonal) — birthday cake — that has sprinkles and tastes just like a perfect yellow vanilla box cake your mom would make.
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
I have a hard time turning down the sugared donuts at Stanton Social or the similarly fabulous ones at the sister restaurant, Beauty and Essex.
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
If I was visiting my hometown and craving dessert, I would probably stop by Sebastian Joe’s after a run around my favorite lake, Lake Harriet. (http://
4. If you met a magical dessert genie that could grant you three dessert wishes what would they be?
2. That Bouchon carried birthday cake macarons year-round.
3. That restaurants had dessert tasting menus with wine pairings that you could do instead of dinner for a special occasion.
5. If you could be a dessert, what would you be and why?
I would be a blue velvet cake so Beth and Amanda would adore me forever!