Reader of the Week….Heléne Yorke!
Photo by Paul Smith Photography
Congrats to one of our favorite people, Heléne Yorke, this week’s featured JDNYC reader! We are all singing and dancing away onstage with Heléne in Woody Allen & Susan Stroman’s new Broadway musical, Bullets Over Broadway! Heléne plays a fiery mobster’s girlfriend (Olive) in the show and we are obsessed with her. She was born in Vancouver and raised in Los Angeles. Her mom packed her school lunches everyday and always included a little sweet for after. She says it’s that logic that she has to have a LITTLE sugar everyday (especially chocolate). She also says, “What I love about Bethy & Amanda is that they are two gorgeous creatures proving that none of us have to deprive ourselves. I’ll always love you girls for that.” DITTO! We love you too Heléne! Now get your tickets to see this HOT lady work her stuff on the Broadway stage with her two dessert sidekicks;-) Read on for her answers to our questions. If you would like to be our reader of the week answer the questions below and email us and a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
My mom’s pound cake. It’s honestly the first thing that comes to mind. It’s cozy and makes me think of her AND eating the part that sticks to the bottom of the pan. Just HEAVEN.
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
Right now I’d have to say Doughnut Plant. Cause I mean…holy shit right?
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
I grew up in LA. If I’m honest, their dessert attempts are pretty pathetic in comparison to NYC. I do have some fond memories watching the Krispy Kremes go down the conveyer belt but you can get those things anywhere thank GOD.
4. If you met a magical dessert genie that could grant you three dessert wishes what would they be?
My three wishes would be:
1. I’d like to have as much sugar as I want and never feel sick.
2. I’d like for it to never affect my waistline.
3. I’d like it to be spoon fed to me by Beth & Amanda is bikinis.
5. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I would be something gross that no one wanted cause then I’D NEVER DIE! (see what I did there?)