Reader of the Week…Ashley Steinhauer!
Congrats to Ashley Steinhauer, our featured reader this week! This mom of two beautiful girls is a talented baker and makes cakes galore to customer requests. She lives in Ohio with her family and is a stay-at-home-mom with a booming cake business. Check out this St. Patrick’s Day cake she just did! Her website launches in a few weeks but for now email her at Ash. firstname.lastname@example.org for orders. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! If you would like to be our Reader of the Week all you need to do is email us your answers to these five questions below to JustDessertsNYC@yahoo.com and attach a picture of yourself. We look forward to hearing from you!
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
This is tricky since confectionary goodies are my passion. Oddly enough I think I’d have to say that homemade whipped cream is my absolute favorite treat. It’s fluffy, delicious, and pairs well with just about anything sweet! I typically use my morning cup-o-Joe as a carrier for my daily dose of whipped cream!
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
It’s a tie between Magnolia Bakery and Alice’s Tea Cup. I would frequent both places when visiting my bestie, Beth (aka. Brownie) in NYC nearly 10 years ago!
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
Jeni’s Ice Cream…hands down. My hubby and I just took our girls there last night to indulge in a little piece of heaven. Their new Birch + Marshmallows is my new favorite flavor!
4. If you met a magical dessert genie that could grant you three wishes, what would they be?
I would wish:
1. For all desserts to be calorie-free and aide in the process of getting all woman bikini-ready.
2. To eliminate gluten and nut allergies so all kids could indulge in a sweet treat without fear.
3. To learn endless confectionary techniques to perfect the art of cake, cupcake and cookie decorating!
5. If you could be a dessert, what would you be and why?
My Nana’s homemade peach pie – I will never forget that delicious aroma that would fill her house as she baked! It would draw the entire family into the kitchen.