Reader of the Week…Jess Rothschild!
Congrats to Jess Rothschild, our featured reader this week! She’s a native New Yorker, long-time foodie obsessive with her own nutrition+fitness coaching biz, caketokale.com. She works with women and girls around the city giving them the tools, guidance, support and accountability in learning to eat whatever they like (cake!) while working hard gym to make them feel like rockstars in body and mind. As fitness instructors at Body By Simone, we love our parallel lives with Jess in helping people be the best they can be while still enjoying life. We love Jess for her foodie approach to help and fitness. Check out her awesome website and read on for her answers to our questions. Thanks for being a JDNYC reader Jess! You rock! If you would like to be our reader of the week answer the questions below and email us and a photo of yourself to email@example.com.
The perfect chocolate lava cake, which is difficult to master in this city… believe me, I’ve gone a tour looking for the best one :)
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
The Pure cupcake from Sweet Revenge in the West Village: Mexican Vanilla Cake with Mexican Vanilla Buttercream. Consistently delicious, each time, every time.
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
Well, I’m originally from Long Island, so I’d say the various flavors (they are Oreo-happy) homemade ice cream at John’s in Montauk.
4. If you met a magical dessert genie that could grant you three dessert wishes what would they be?
– I would wish for pumpkin desserts year-round, not just seasonally.
– I would wish for all apple pie desserts to be apple crumb, not just regular slices of pie.
– I would wish for all chocolate lava cakes to have the oozing chocolate gooiness I come for, not the overcooked choco cake that often disappoints (this is pretty ridic).
5. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Pumpkin cinnamon spiced cake/frosting. Probs because I’m pretty approachable and personable yet I have a spicy, feisty side with plenty of spice in the mix to keep you guessing what I’ll say/do next.