Reader of the Week….Machiko Hantani Mazzella!
Congrats to our sweet reader of the week, Machiko! This sugar loving lady is passionate about her desserts! She has now waited a total of six hours for three different cronut flavors! That’s dedication! We definitely understand though. Machiko is a fierce Body By Simone devotee and we love training her. She always brings her A game! Thanks for being a Just Desserts NYC fan and loving sweets! Read on for her answers to our five questions. If you would like to be our reader of the week answer the questions below and email us and a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
Kind of boring but my favorite dessert is probably a dark chocolate hot fudge vanilla bean ice cream sundae with salted nuts. This is my favorite because of the sweet and salty combo, as well as the smooth and crunchy texture.
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
I love any dessert with sweet red beans, especially mochi. (I was born in Japan.)
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
1) Very fresh pistachio Turkish Delight.
2) Chocolate Eclair.
3) Lady M mimosa cake.
4. If you met a magical dessert genie that could grant you three dessert wishes what would they be?
Poire Belle Helene at Quatorze Bis.
5. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I would be a tartufo, hard shell with surprises inside.