Reader of the Week…Jessica Pack Olson!
Congrats to Jessica Pack Olson, our featured reader this week! This sweet loving southern belle currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia. She’s a dancer/singer/actress/performer and choreographer for the Dames Aflame, a Flybarre instructor, a wife, and soon to be baby mama. She’s 16 weeks pregnant and eating lots of sweets!:) She’s a stunning red head that has passion for dessert just like us. Find out what Jessica says in our five questions! If you would like to be our reader of the week email a photo email@example.com along with your answers to the five questions below.
1. What is your favorite dessert?
This is the hardest question ever. I’ve never met a dessert I didn’t like:). But since I have to pick one I’ll go with the Tollhouse Pie. It’s a dessert that Murphy’s, one of my favorite restaurants in our neighborhood in Atlanta serves. It has a dark and white chocolate cookie batter and an Oreo crust. It’s served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Absolute heaven! Especially when you pair it with a nice port:).
2. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
I love the “Wafel & Dinges” street vendor. It’s a warm waffle and you get to throw on as many toppings as you want. I love putting Nutella, bananas, strawberries, pecans, whip cream, and a scoop of ice cream if I’m feeling it:) He’s always parked at Columbus Circle which was my Subway stop when I lived in NYC so I ate a lot of those:) That being said, the homemade “nutter butter” cookies at Bouchon Bakery on the 3rd floor of the Time Warner Center (@ Columbus Circle.. My subway stop.. See the pattern here?:) ) are also pretty awesome! I’ve eaten a lot of those too:)
3. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown?
My hometown is Spartanburg, SC. I was just home this weekend and my stepmom had made some pies.. One being a homemade pecan pie. I have to say that is my favorite! It was SO good!:) There is nothing better than a fresh baked southern pecan pie!:)
4. If you met a magical dessert genie and he could grant you three wishes what would they be?
1) That I could eat all the dessert I ever wanted and wouldn’t gain a pound.:)
2) That I could have the magical dessert fairy on call to whip up homemade desserts for me anytime I wanted.
3) That I would never get a cavity from all the sweets I eat (since I will be eating them all the time not gaining weight and since the magical dessert genie will be at my beck and call making them for me:))
5. If you were a dessert what would you be and why?
I would be strawberry shortcake. 1) because my hair is strawberry blonde, and 2) because that was my all time favorite childhood dessert. I ate SO much strawberry shortcake growing up as a kid. I remember going to pick strawberries on the farm as a child and eating buckets of them, many of which were on top of pound cake smothered in whip cream:) Oh, and 3) Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite doll/toy growing up as well. She smelled like strawberries and had a friend that smelled like blueberries! How awesome was that?!:)