Our Reader of the Week….LIZ STARK!
Congratulations to Liz Stark, our reader of the week! Liz is a recent graduate from John Carroll University in Ohio where she studied communications and journalism. She lives in Ohio but frequently visits New York City, which is how she came across Just Desserts NYC! Liz’s main passions are baking, fitness, writing, and traveling. Thank you for reading Liz! We love baking and fitness too, so you fit right in at Just Desserts! If you would like to be our reader of the week send a photo and answers to the questions below into email@example.com!
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
My favorite dessert would have to be blondies-they are also my favorite “signature” baked good to make. Even though brownies are a quintessential favorite, I just feel that blondies can be more versatile with mix-ins and flavors. Even though I’m a chocoholic, sometimes I prefer to have a baked good that isn’t overpowered by chocolate (like brownies).
2. What is your favorite dessert of your hometown?
Buckeye candies. I believe that you can’t go wrong with the classic chocolate and peanut butter combination, especially in a delectable truffle/candy form.
3. If you met a magical dessert genie what three wishes would you ask him to grant?
1) Make all desserts 100% guilt free and nutritious, regardless of rich ingredients
2) Make all desserts allergen-free somehow so that everyone can enjoy whatever dessert they would like to eat
3) Have access to limited edition desserts all year round and make all desserts available everywhere (ie: not only available in the US, UK, etc)
4. What is your favorite dessert and why?
Raw ice creams from One Lucky Duck (Almond Butter Cup, “Orreo”), including their Classic Sundae and Mint Sundae (from the main restaurant, Pure Food & Wine. Both owned by Sarma Melngailis)
5. If you were a dessert what would you be?
I would be a Chocolate Chip Blondie. Not only are blondies my favorite baked good, but I feel like blondies kind of represent my look. I have blonde hair but brunette roots peeking through-just like the chocolate chips peeking through the blondie bars.