Reader of the Week…Austin Lesch!
Congratulations to our reader of the week, Austin Lesch! Austin is originally from California and went to college in Boston. He is an actor in New York City and has performed on Broadway and Off-Broadway in Billy Elliot, Alter Boys, and Violet. He has also been in movies and TV. As if that isn’t enough, Austin is also a fantastic guitar player who writes his own music. Just like us he loves to perform and also loves to eat dessert! Thank you for writing in Austin and best of luck with all your shows in the future! If you would like to be our reader of the week send us a photo to email@example.com and answer the five questions below!
1. What is your favorite dessert and why?
I love the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor, Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz! It’s not easy to find in New York City, I have to go to many deli locations before I finally find a pint! It’s coffee ice cream with espresso fudge chunks mixed throughout and it’s delicious.
2. What is your favorite dessert from your hometown? I always loved going to The Cheesecake Factory and getting a slice of Reeses
Peanut Butter Cheesecake. It’s probably in everyones hometown, but it reminds me of being a kid.
3. If you met a magical dessert Genie and he could grant you three dessert wishes, what would they be?
1. I want every bodega in NYC to carry Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz.
2. That I had a freezer full of Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz.
3. That I had endless dessert wishes.
4. What is your favorite dessert in NYC?
My favorite dessert in NYC is from Zenkichi in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It is a frozen black sesame mousse. It’s chocolate based and really silky.
5. If you were a dessert what would you be and why?
I had a dessert in Italy called Granita and it was amazing. It was like sorbet, but icy like a snow cone and had coffee in it. It’s simple yet really refreshing with a little kick from the coffee. I’m simple, laid back, but with a bit of a kick as well!
It looks like we need to head to Ben & Jerry’s to grab a pint of Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz! Thanks again Austin for being a fan of Just Desserts NYC!