Our Reader of the Week….Rachel Fontaine Tatge!
Congratulations to Rachel Fontaine Tatge our Reader of the Week! Rachel is a sophomore at Clemson University and is studying Food Science with a minor in Theatre! This is our kind of girl! She works at Acting Out Studio in Charlotte, NC and teaches theatre camps and classes to kids. Way to go Rachel, and thank you for writing in and giving fantastic answers to our 5 dessert themed questions!
1. What is your favorite dessert and why? I love anything with chocolate, but my favorite dessert would have to be a classic homemade chocolate chip cookie. I love when they are fresh out of the oven and the chocolate chips are still warm.
2. What is your favorite dessert of your hometown? I am originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, so my favorite dessert would have to be Kopps Frozen Custard in Milwaukee because it’s the BEST ice cream ever. It is basically soft serve but super thick and rich. They have traditional flavors and fun flavors like Tiramisu and Peanut Butter Pie! I love custard. (The picture above is Rachel at Kopps)
3. If you met a magical dessert Genie what three wishes would you ask him to grant? I would ask for an endless supply of chocolate, lots of fun baking/decorating tools for making my own desserts, and a personal pastry chef who would teach me new recipes and make me lots of yummy desserts!
4. What is your favorite dessert in NYC? I would have to say Levain Bakery because I love their chocolate chip and double chocolate chip cookies! They are the one of the best bakeries I have ever been to. (We agree!)
5. If you were a dessert what would you be? I would be a salted caramel brownie because I am both sweet like the brownie and outgoing like the bold salted caramel flavor!
You can also be selected as our Reader of the Week! Send in a photo and answer these 5 questions to email@example.com! Happy dessert eating!