Aunt Ruthann’s Cobbler Recipe
To celebrate the Tony Awards, I made some Blueberry Cobbler! To find the best recipe, I called my Aunt Ruthann in Ohio. She said she had a great peach cobbler recipe that you can easily substitute blueberries instead of peaches. Since I was in the mood for blueberries, that’s just what I did. Simple recipe, outstanding taste. I highly recommend you try this one. Everyone will be pleased. Thanks Aunt Ruthann!
My Aunt Ruthann’s Blueberry Cobbler
1/2 Stick of butter (or to your liking)
1 1/2 cup of sugar
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups blueberries (my aunt makes peach and peach/blueberry, I made blueberry)
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Put butter stick on the bottom of an 8″ baking dish (9″x13″ if doubling the recipe)
3. Place in oven until butter is completely melted
4. Combine blueberries with 1 cup sugar and and cinnamon in bowl (don’t squish the berries!)
5. Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with flour, salt, baking powder, and milk
6. Take baking dish out of overn and cover the bottom of dish with dough mixture (DO NOT STIR!!!)
7. Pour blueberry mix on top (I added a few more cups of blueberries and sugar since I like a ton of berries!)
8. Bake in oven for 1 hour
9. When I took the cobbler out of the oven, I used a spatula and stuck it in around the circumference of the dish so the berry juice would soak in to the cake. I highly recommend this!
10. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream!