Dole Bananas Holiday Cranberry Banana Cheesecake Recipe
If you love bananas, you’re in luck. Dole Bananas has a Facebook page dedicated to everything bananas, including amazing recipes like this cheesecake. If you’re planning a get-together, why not try out some banana-inspired treats!
HOLIDAY CRANBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE
Preparation: 30 min.
Bake Time: 70 min.
Cool Time: 2 hr.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) light cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 extra-ripe, medium DOLE® Bananas
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- Combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and margarine. Pat on bottom and 3/4 the way up side of 9 or 10-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350°F., 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool.
- Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Puree bananas (1 cup); blend into cheese mixture. Spoon 2 cups cheese mixture into cooled crust. Spoon cranberry filling over. Cover with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine sour cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; spread over top. Spoon reserved 1/2 cup cranberry topping in center to form a circle. Gently swirl cranberry and sour cream. Return to oven 15 minutes more or until glaze is firm. Cool.
- Run thin knife around inside of pan to loosen cheesecake; chill 6 hours or overnight. Remove side of spring form pan before slicing. Garnish with mint if desired.
- NOTE: recommend 9-inch spring form pan.